Travel guidelines to make your trip more enjoyable and stress free.
- Pack light, pack light, pack light! Cannot stress this enough. Check out my Travel Hacks Blog for more great tips!
- Choose neutral colors and use one color as an accent, so that you can mix and match
- Make sure the shoes you bring as worn in and comfortable for long periods of walking
- For toiletries – assemble the items you need, plus some travel sized empty containers. Decant your shampoo, lotions etc. into the travel-sized containers and label them (if you do well in advance you will always have this ready to go, just replenish as needed)
- Roll your clothing, you can fit more into a suitcase by doing this.
- Pack any medication in your carry on (also make sure you have some extras – just in case!)
- Create a travel folder for all your important documents (hotel reservations, boarding passes). Alternatively; store all info in icloud/dropbox. Include a copy of your passport and credit cards.
- Contact your bank/credit card and let them know your travel dates.
- If vaccinations are needed, make sure these are done well in advance.
- Research your destination for any cultural customs that you may not be familiar with.