Travel Advice & FAQ's
There are always many questions to be answered before a trip even begins. We've set up a list of the most frequently asked questions to help you on your way.
If you don't get the answer you were looking for, contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
How does a travel agent get paid?
Anything that you find online (flights, hotels, all-inclusive packages etc) I can book for you at the same price (perhaps even less) - the commission is already built into the price, so there is no difference in price. However, if someone is requesting a complicated custom itinerary, there may be a fee for that.
Is it true that the best day to purchase a flight is on a Tuesday?
Haha, no! If this were true everyone would only be buying flights on Tuesdays. No one knows the best day or time to purchase flights. Flight prices can change back and forth within the hour.
Do you have questions that you would like answered? Contact me, I'm happy to answer your questions!
Is tipping necessary when in Italy?
This could really be answered in one sentence – “It is not necessary to tip for anything in Italy”. Done.
Check out my Blog "To Tip or Not to Tip?" for more details.
What can a"Travel Advisor" do for me?
What can a travel advisor do for you? Here is a short list:
Check out my blog "The Misunderstood Travel Agent" for more!
- We can save you money, it’s not about the cheapest price, it’s about VALUE
- We can save you time – how many hours have you spent looking at different flights and hotels, not booked anything because there were too many options? We know where to look, we’ve streamlined the process
- As individuals, we may not have traveled everywhere, but we have a network of colleagues and within that network is someone who is sure to have been where you want to go.
- We are advocates for our clients
- We are available to our clients 24/7 – if your flight is cancelled, I’m a text message away. If YOU have to call the airline directly, well, be prepared to wait hours on hold
- Most of all we offer personalization, we are humans – you won’t get that from a website. We want to find the best possible fit for our clients
What is the difference between booking through a travel agent or booking online myself?
This questions gets asked all the time. Sure you can book it all on your own, however, we are professionals. We know where to look for the best value for your money. We are constantly learning and upgrading our knowledge to be up to date with all things travel related. We also act as advocates for our clients should something go awry.
I'm available to my clients at any time should the need arise. And, I work with many suppliers that only deal directly with travel agents (so as you can see not everything can be found online!).
- What should I pack for my trip?