I love the research that goes into creating a great travel adventure. That’s how Monica’s Vacation Creations was born. Please enjoy reading my blogs, lots of great travel tips to help make your trip more enjoyable and as stress-free as possible.
Monica's Travel Hacks!
Posted on October 6, 2017
Who doesn’t love a “hack” of any kind? Well here are a few travel related ones that I ALWAYS use!
- Packing cubes – I know this isn’t really a hack, but come on, it’s like having drawers in your suitcase! Clothes stay organized. This is especially useful when you are checking in and out of hotels constantly.
- Contact lens cases – these can have so many different uses! Check out the picture –
- Fill with your favorite foundation, moisturizer, skin cleanser etc.
- Use it for pills (Pain killers or antibiotic ointment, or even prescription medication if you are only going away for a couple of nights)
- When packing, place breakables or fragile items in shoes (perhaps you bought some nice perfume and you want to make sure it doesn’t break, wrap in a plastic bag and place inside a shoe!)
- Here is a great way to pack jewelry – use a vitamin container, check it out –
- It’s light, it keeps items separate and your stuff won’t get tangled!
- Want to pack MORE items in your suitcase? Roll your clothing (like into a sausage shape), you’ll be surprised by how much more you can fit.
- Here is a hack I use at home (not just when traveling), take a button and use it for a pair of earrings, like this –
- Earrings stay together and you won’t lose the backing!
- And, finally, always, always pack a scarf/pashmina in your carry-on. It’s a great wrap, accessory and in a pinch can double as a blanket if you are cold on the flight!
There you have it, a few simple tricks to make your travels more organized!